[Sca-cooks] Getting the most use out of a particular food

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Sat Jul 19 11:16:54 PDT 2003

I have a question for the group.  Last night I was shopping. I found a
lovely 5# bottom round roast for $2.18 per pound.  My SO said "lookie here,
a brisket, way bigger, for the same price."  I tried to explain to him, by
the time I carved all the fat off the brisket, I wouldn't have any more
usable meat than on the roast. Is there any other reasons anyone can think
of?

***In addition to what's been said so far, the only other difference I can
think of is that if the two meats would come out to be the same cost for
equal actual meat, then it might come down to which would taste better to
you in a particular use.  One advantage to the fat on the brisket would be
if you wanted it for soap making.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net