[Sca-cooks] question: Medieval restaurant at Pennsic

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sun Jul 20 05:09:05 PDT 2003

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>>    What about this idea: (OOP)..a pushcart selling frozen snack items (sort
>>of a medieval "ice-cream truck")?
>Since the Coopers sell ice-cream at their store, I doubt they will
>allow this. I also think that while blanket merchants are allowed at
>Pennsic, I'm not sure any wandering merchants are.
>I really would prefer a period item. I highly applaud the lady that
>started selling comfits and other medieval sweets at Gulf War this
>year. I think she may be at this next Pennsic.

How about several period fruit syrups over shaved ice, essentially a
snow-cone, which may well be period? The main difficulty I can see is
that it might be seen to have a rather unattractively low profit
margin. You pretty much have to make them to order, wheel your
equipment and a big block of ice around, and how much could you
realistically sell them for before people just go to the Cooper's and
get chocolate ice cream?

Adamantius