[Sca-cooks] Translation of Portugese Cookbook Online

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 20 06:18:16 PDT 2003

That shouln't be much trouble.  I can even spell it out, say: one half.
I've only been using Word 97 for the last 3 or so batches or so of recipes
because my connection has developed the annoying habit of claiming
the program has performed an illegal function and shutting down for
no reason (I don't want to lose 1/2 hour of typing - I'm too slow!).
Before that I just copied a section of the webbed text onto an email
message and translated it in one shot (usually didn't take longer than half
an hour to 45 minutes) then copied it to word to save.  There are only
about 6 recipes left in  this version, but as soon as I've finished them I'm
going
to tackle the original text, which  has some differences in syntax and
grammar.
I  probably won't be able to post the original with the translation, but it
will
eventually show up on the Culinary Manuscript Translation webpage for
comparison.

Faerisa

So...has anyone played around with redacting any of these?  I'm surprised
any of us survived to the present day.  Looking at some of these recipes,
heart disease and diabetes sould have claimed us all! :-)