[Sca-cooks] Duh

Ana Valdés agora at algonet.se
Tue Jul 29 00:07:23 PDT 2003

Another variation of an old recipe from Ligurien, i Italy, eaten today
in the north of Italy and in Nice, where is known as "socca". In Italy
is known as "faina", in a dialectal word. (Outside Europe you can eat it
in Rio de la Platas capital cities, Buenos Aires and Montevideo, where
the Italian  inmigrants took the dish in the beginning of the century).

Pound garbanzos and make flour of them (or alternative buy the chickpeas
flour)
Put the flour in a bowl and add olive oil enough to make a very thin
dough, similar in consistence to the dough to make pancakes.
Add salt and black pepper.
Lay the dough in a flat oven pan and heat the oven to a very high
temperature.
Let it bake in the oven until the thin cake have a brown and crusty cover.
Eat very warm powdered with blackpepper.

Ana