[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 1, Issue 3545

tracey sawyer tfsawyer at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 22 23:48:30 PDT 2003

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:13:41 -0400
From: "Barbara Benson"
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Re: cheese (was digest)
To: "Cooks within the SCA"

That sounds great, just one question - what's a Chook? ;)

-Serena

> Luv, Lowry> Put into a cheesecloth and drain (I tied it to my rolling pin
which I balanced on a bucket). Drain off the whey (don't waste it, you can
use it in bread making or mix it in with your chooks food - they love it)

REPLY:  Sorry, I forgot I was on an international list and not everyone understands Strine (Australian Slang).

A chook is a chicken (male or female) as in "The local pub has a chook raffle every Friday night"  (meaning they raffle off a chicken prepared for the table;  or a man might call his wife "the old chook"... as a term of endearment!!!

- Lowry

  Lady Lowry ferch Gwynwynwyn ap Llewelyn   mka: Tracey Sawyer