[Sca-cooks] Concerning the niceness of Susans.... (OOP - slightly OT)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 16:05:11 PDT 2003

Avraham haRofeh of Sudentur wrote:

> I *LOVE* Susan Ivanova.
>
> Avraham

Me too.  <sigh> Whatta woman.
Delenn was one powerful woman as well.

Delenn:  "This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon Five is under our
protection. Withdraw, or be destroyed."

Capt. Drake:  "Negative, we have authority here. Do not force us to engage your
ship."

Delenn:  "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with the
Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your
lives, be somewhere else."

ObFood:  2nd season episode, "A Distant Star," where Dr. Franklin puts all the
other officers on various dietary regimens for their health, which they
resist.  Franklin chases Garibaldi all over the station with rumors of the
latter's indulgence in bagna cauda, to find when he finally catches up with him
that this is what his father [a great cook] used to make for him for his
birthday.  What can the doc do but not only allow it but share it?

The sharing of food has always been an important party of human ritual
behavior, and may it always be so.

Selene Susan