[Sca-cooks] Summer temperatures and our itenerary

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 09:01:08 PDT 2003

Here in Atenveldt we've had sixteen straight days of over 100 degree F temperatures, with no end in sight.  Right now, at 9:00 AM local time, the temp is hovering well above 95.  We've had no rain to speak of since the floods of Estrella, so no break in our seven year drought.  Tir Ysgithr did get some thunderstorms last week, that translated into some pretty spectacular sand storms by the time they got this far north.
The passenger side window on my car was stuck in the down position, and the entire interior is gritty with the stuff.  They fixed the window this morning in the up position, but said it would be a "couple of days" until they could get the part to repair the little electric motor.  Hope they get it fixed before we begin the road trip.  We plan to tow the little thing along behind us.  I understand things are a bit dampish in Meridies this summer.
According to Yahoo Maps, the fastest route from here to Rivermarch takes me through Dallas and Birmingham.  I'll be taking AZ 87 up through Payson to Show Low the first night, to visit relatives there.  From there we will go up to I-40, then over to Albequerque.  I want to see the NRAO Very Large Array.  Daddy decided he didn't want to see the Alamo, anyway.  So, Bear, I'll probably be near OK City sometime early in the third week in June.  Drop me a line if you're still up to meeting with me.

Mordonna

Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
I dunno about Johnna, but here in Montana, two weeks ago we had snow,
and one week ago it was in the 90s, and then this weekend it was in the
60s. And it's been raining so much we may actually be looking at the
end of our several-year drought.
A pain in the working wardrobe, but typical of May/June weather, at
least here.
--maire, in northern artemisia

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook