[Sca-cooks] [Sca-cooks]Translations of Portuguese cookbook online

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 4 22:59:59 PDT 2003

Faerisa commented:
> Here are  a few more recipes translated from:
> A 15th century Portuguese cookbook (in Portuguese) is now online at the
> Virtual Cervantes
> Library.http://cervantesvirtual.com/
> FichaObra.html?portal=3D0&Ref=3D10453
Oooh. neat. But "a few more recipes"? I must have missed the earlier
postings, but then I've had to skip a few digests lately. Hopefully
I'll get back to them after Lilies War.
However, would you be willing to send me the translations you've done
so far? Or do so after you are further along? The digest program is
breaking the lines up pretty bad, and if I don't have to go through and
correct for that, which I might not have to do for text sent by email,
it would help. I'd like to make this translation available through the
Florilegium, much as I have done for Brighid's work:
Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nolaís
                                        1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of
2
                                        by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                        Lenten recipes.
Thanks,
   Stefan
--------