[Sca-cooks] Serving Hard Cooked Eggs

Laura L laura at croatan.net
Mon Jun 9 12:44:06 PDT 2003

A (somewhat well known) trick to easily (and prettily) peel eggs is to crack
the shells well, then take a teaspoon (not a measuring teaspoon, a table tea
spoon)and slide it around between the inside of the shell and the egg.

People often chuckle that I carry a spoon in my basket at faire and SCA
events, but since it has so many uses... peeling eggs, stirring drinks,
tasting whiskey when I have a cold, eating, threatening people with, etc. I
just put up with the chuckles and continue to carry my spoon. (if its a
shiny spoon, it can also be used for stealth kilt checks...not that I would
ever do that! well, hardly ever. ^_~)

Irmgart
Canton of Buckston-on-Eno, Barony of Windmasters' Hill, Kingdom of Atlantia