[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for camp food...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 9 14:47:11 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Is there a problem with making things in advance, like stuffed bread, and
> then heating it up? Will your companion eat something like bean or
> split-pea soup (which, after all, is best made with a ham hock or bacon)?
> That can be made in advance, refrigerated, and then heated up extremely
> easily by even a so-so cook. Calzones? Chili? Bratwurst? Bigos, made
> ahead?
>
> Margaret

OK, now you're getting me thinking. Have some beans in the freezer I could
throw in a pot. What are bigos?

Any recipes you guys would care to share would be appreciated.

Y'all now have me thinking about stuff that can ge wrapped in foil, then
plastic baggies and frozen, then thawed, using the cook-pot as an oven, as
well as a soup pot sort of thing....

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.