[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for camp food...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jun 9 15:12:21 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> You mentioned only red type meats... will he eat chicken?  You could
always mix up the basic ingredients for a chicken casserole or something and
stick it in a baggie in the ice chest and keep it cool.. then when time to
eat, stick it in a pot and reheat.  Vegetarian type lasagna can also be
reheated in the coals if necessary.  Maybe a stir fry in which the friend
can pick out the meat if needed.. which can still be served over rice or
noodles.

> Hugs!
> Elizabeth

Chicken's OK, but I'd hafta be a bit careful. He prefers white meat (I think
it's usually too dry and tasteless), I prefer dark (he says it's too
strongly flavored), which usually works out fine when we're cooking in a
home situation, but gets complicated in a stir fry ;-)

One thing I'm trying to avoid is hamburger- it just doesn't keep very well
in a camping situation, and precooking it only works if you know ahead of
time what spices you want to have in it.

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,