[Sca-cooks] To the Kings Taste Question

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 10 19:41:21 PDT 2003

Actually, this is one of the books I keep around as a bad example. Back when
it was published, there were very few resources for medieval cookery -- To
the Queen's Taste and Pleyn Delit came out the following year -- and it does
have the original recipes neatly transcribed so you can do your own
redactions. But it's not so much  "adapted for modern tastes" as "vaguely
based on the medieval ingredients." My favorite example is her version of
Douce Ame. The original calls for capons half yrosted. Her redaction calls
for chicken pieces floured and fried ...

Cynara