[Sca-cooks] Easy cordial recipe request

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 16 06:59:43 PDT 2003

> >1 cup good vinegar -- white wine, red wine, cider etc.
> >1/4 cup dried mint (2 tablespoons each spearmint and peppermint is good)
>
> Six sprigs of fresh mint is what the original said; I interpret a
> sprig as a 6-inch stalk.

*Blink!* Mine has mutated a lot from the original recipe then! I use two
GOOD HANDFULS of mint leaves (ok, one good handful of lemon balm and one
of mentha citrata)... so it becomes more of a mint syrup with vinegar than
a vinegar syrup with mint.

Has anyone tried making drink syrups without the vinegar? How did it go? I
do lemon juice in my ginger syrup for the extra fillip of acid to make it
keep better, but notice that my ginger syrup keeps a lot better than plain
lemon syrup.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with
floaties and teach us how to swim." --Linton Weeks, Washington Post 1/13/01.