[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Computer Help

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 17 18:23:13 PDT 2003

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up keyboard such that one can add an
accent mark to an already typed letter?  I've been poking around in our Word 97
program and all I came up with were inividual characters that already
incorporate the symbol.

The reason I ask, is because I'm now in possesion of a copy of the original
text of the Portuguese Cookbook I've been translating, I  hope to be able to
type the original wording.  Unfortunately, because it's a 15th Centuy variant
of the language, a lot of the letter/accent combinations are no longer standard
(anyone ever see a "Q" with a "~ til" on it before?).  Just like Old English
versus modern English, it make sense phonetically but MAN is it a pain to type!

Any help would be much appreciated
Faerisa