[Sca-cooks] Traveling Dysshes was Does anyone know anything about this book

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Jun 20 07:51:25 PDT 2003

This was posted on the list last year--
Subject:              [Sca-cooks] Travelind Dysshes update
        Date:              Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:46:40 -0700

You can find more info on Traveling Dysshes at:
http://nit.elfhill.com/~pat/Dysshes-2.html
It's available from two online sources right now - -
Poison Pen Press (http://www.poisonpen.com)
and Amazon.com
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0972384308/patsplace05-20)
The new edition has 160+ pages, about 40 new recipes, and
expanded bibliography. And other cool things!
Thanks, siobhan (and cordelia)

It's one of the old time SCA cookbooks and if you like those sorts
of things and believe in supporting the efforts of other SCA groups and authors,

then you might well like to have a copy.

Reviews are mixed. It's not the most authentic as to original/historical work
around,
but on the other hand people have found the recipes useful and used them for
all sorts of events for years.

Devra does have it currently for sale at Poison Pen.

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Lady Orlaith of Storvik wrote: snipped---