[Sca-cooks] feathered emergencies

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Jun 29 10:09:30 PDT 2003

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> "Pixel, Goddess and Queen" wrote:
>
> > Um. Zan and Jayna, actually. Not that I would have *ever* watched anything
> > not on PBS (blame Mom, she had weird ideas about television). Nope, not
> > me. Jayna turned into animals, Zan turned into watery things. I think.
>
> Damn you're good!  You beat me to the correction.
> They looked like pointy-eared Vulcans but didn't act like them.
> Jan and Jace were the teen assistants to Space Ghost, along with
> Bip The Space Monkey.  BTW, they're going into production
> again with "Space Ghost Coast To Coast" on Cartoon Network,
> if anyone wants to know.

Heh. I miss Saturday morning cartoons, mostly because if I am awake on
Saturday morning it's because I have something to attend to. Although I
should really try very hard to get to the farmer's market this coming
Saturday--vegetables should be ready.

> > OFC: how period is feta?
>
> It's just sheep's milk curd, well salted and pressed a bit and aged a bit.
> Probably Ancient.
>
> from MORETUM by Virgil <http://virgil.org/appendix/moretum.htm>
>
> "he sprinkles grains of salt, and cheese
> Is added, hard from taking up the salt."
>
> Cheesily yours,
> Selene Colfox

I bought a feta called Egyptian double-cream at one of our ME groceries
the other day. It's very soft and creamy, not crumbly at all. Spreadable,
even. They have about five other different kinds of feta, and then other
ME cheeses. Any recommendations on what I should buy next, from the ME
foodies on the list?

Margaret