[Sca-cooks]2 - medieval herb garden

Jeanne jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Mon Jun 30 01:06:18 PDT 2003

I'm originally from new Orleans, and now live outside of Quantico VA.  I
HAVE to use raised beds because of that big thing called a, er, um, oh yes,
a mountain.  Never saw so much rock in my life!

I use plastic lumber for my raised beds!  Just bolt them together
overlapping on sides for support.  Bury an inch or so in the rock or their
claim of mud and compost, compost, compost!!

Soffya Appollonia Tudja
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
three fleur-de-lys Or

I'd probably only have the beds raised a couple of feet, tops, most
likely a foot or so (about the height of a railroad tie, but not those
in actuality because of the creosote).  It would depend a lot on the
kind of yard I had--slope, shape, walls, fences, that sort of thing.
And whether the previous owners/tenants had had a garden, as well.
--maire