[Sca-cooks] Northpass Tavern event cooking evaluation

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 13:27:56 PST 2003

I can honestly say that I spent the weekend in a well run kitchen that not
only pulled off a period German menu, but was hailed as very well cooked. The
feasters seemed very happy with the result.

I had the pleasure of working in the kitchen with Philippa Alderton (Phlip)
and Avraham. These are two people that I would no longer hesitate to work
with again.

They are knowledgeable, helpful, and open to staff input.

The feast was on time, well cooked, and very tasty (I made myself official
taste tester before the dishes went out to the populace.)

I had the pleasure of sharing the kitchen with them because I helped out by
doing the dayboard at Phlip's request.

Each meal this past weekend had a separate head cook and although that should
be a feasible nightmare in a rather small kitchen, we managed to all do our
pre preps and our share of the feastload working side by side.

The tavern event was truly an educational kitchen. I was most impressed.

Andrea MacIntyre