[Sca-cooks] Post-Viking Scandinavia

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 17:14:24 PST 2003

Anne asked:
> Or anything else Scandinavian and Post-Viking?
>
> I've become very interested in proving that Scandinavia did not fall off
> the face of the earth when the Vikings stopped going viking and settled
> down. I'm particularly interested in Norway, but I'll take anything!

Yes, the SCA seems to be overly abundant in some personas while others are
hardly known or used. While I like to think that the CULTURES section of the
Florilegium covers a large number of different cultures, it really isn't a
very comprehensive source. :-( But I'm limited to what materials folks post or
send to me. For some neat ideas on some other cultures for SCA use, folks
might want to take a look at this file:

Som-Per-Ideas-art (16K) 12/31/02    "Some Persona Ideas" by by HL Elaine de
                                       Montgris (known as 'Lainie

http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Som-Per-Ideas-art.html

For some info on Post-Viking Scandinavia, check this file:

pst-Vik-Norse-msg (17K)  1/10/00    Post Viking Norse. Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/pst-Vik-Norse-msg.html

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com