[Sca-cooks] HELP please

Jeanne Papanastasiou jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Sat Mar 1 17:11:57 PST 2003

My MIL is from Athens, Greece and she said they layer the pasta and the meat
sauce in pastitsio.  moussaka is more of a mixture.

We have a dish in New Orleans called Eggplant Napoleon.  Same concept, but
eggplant is THINLY sliced then layered with boiled shrimp then eggplant then
crab then eggplant, dipped in egg and then flour and flour then deep fried.

We like most of our food deep fried in Loser-ana.  Remember you're a true
New Orleanian if you boil rice for dinner BEFORE you make coffee first thing
in the AM!

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm