[Sca-cooks] Quail eggs ( was: no subject)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Mar 12 10:46:56 PST 2003

At 12:34 PM 3/12/03 -0600, you wrote:

>I have some lavender flowers that I was going to use to make lavender
>sugar, but the smell still reminds me overmuch of my grandmother's
>bathroom (lavender soap, lavender shower gel, lavender bath powder,
>etc.).

Violet sugar is yummy, and they are blooming right now...

>Basil flowers, at least the ones on my basil, and mint flowers are also
>purple. I have a slim cookbook entitled _Cooking with Flowers_ that talks
>about using basil and mint flowers.

Regina has the same book- there's some very interesting things in there!

I found a website the other day for a company that sells candied flowers,
for wedding cakes and such. Don't remember where, but I got it after
Googling 'candied violets'. They had some really pretty stuff, including
candied lavender.

'Lainie