[Sca-cooks] Lemongrass and Ginger?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 04:57:35 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/19/2003 10:12:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ekaterina at swbell.net writes:

> Are there any
> good period recipes for either of these engredients that I could manage at
> home with my somewhat limited cooking skills?

There are tons and tons of Northern European (French and Enlish mostly)
recipes that use ginger - it was one of the most popular spices in medieval
(as opposed to Renaissance, which I don't know a lot about) cooking in that
area.
I've never seen one involving lemongrass in that area, but maybe in middle
eastern?

Brangwayna