[Sca-cooks] Ginger?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 12:30:58 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/21/2003 1:48:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mirhaxa at morktorn.com writes:

> Is there any evidence as to whether ginger was the fresh root or the dried
> and transported for months variety?

Not being exactly sure where ginger was grown, I can't answer your question
exactly.  It's my gut feeling that dried would have been more likely for
Northern Europe, but I simply don't know.  I do believe that I have seen
"powder of ginger" or powder ginger" in recipes, which would imply dried and
ground.  I'm at my mom's and don't have any of my books on hand at the
moment, nor any of my bookmarks, since I'm on her computer.

Brangwayna