[Sca-cooks] Dayboard anxieties

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 27 08:08:28 PST 2003

> This is an unfamiliar term to me, here in downtown Caid, but I
> see on this list that they are commonly done elsewhere.  Are
> they included as a part of the site fee?

In this area, yes.

> Is a dayboard something on the order of a buffet,

A buffet, yes.  They can range from minimal to feast-like, depending on the group and the budget.  The cliche version of the minimal dayboard is bread, apples, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and canned ham (the last two items being cut into small cubes). I was given $1.50 per person, but careful shopping (and baking my own bread) has allowed me to indulge in a few items that might otherwise be too pricey.  A few things, such as the quince paste and the walnuts were leftovers from my last feast.

> and available throughout the day?

Noon to 3:00 or 4:00 is common.  So I should have time to visit merchants, attend court, and relax for the rest of the event.

> Beathog

Brighid