[Sca-cooks] Dayboard anxieties

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Mar 27 16:51:45 PST 2003

Pretzels would be good. Also make sure that the
type of pickles they like are there. (some sweet pickles
as well as dill)

Cheese can be a problem. Kids like different cheeses
than adults at times. Some are really stuck on orange
American.

I find that they will try small mini tarts but won't eat a slice
even a small one of pies.

Also a box of commercial crackers might be eaten. One can
make crackers, but face it, they are a pain and there are other
things to make. And they go along in the flatbread/oatbread/
tradition. Bread sticks are also good.

(Actually the loaf of white bread with peanut butter and jelly
would go a long way towards solving some of this.  Another
really cheap commercial product that comes in large boxes from
Sams are the ready-made peanut butter or cheese and cracker
assortments. Those can run 4.00 for 36 packages of 6 sandwiches
in a package.)

If they are in children's activities, one can always prepare
for them and serve them there.

Johnnae llyn Lewis