[Sca-cooks] Dayboard anxieties

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 18:20:58 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/27/2003 7:57:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu writes:

> (Actually the loaf of white bread with peanut butter and jelly
> would go a long way towards solving some of this.  Another
> really cheap commercial product that comes in large boxes from
> Sams are the ready-made peanut butter or cheese and cracker
> assortments. Those can run 4.00 for 36 packages of 6 sandwiches
> in a package.)

See, my take on this is that it's the parent's responsibility to find out
what is being served for meals and make other arrangements for their kids if
their kids won't eat what's available, just as they would for themselves if
they didn't like or couldn't eat the food.  I don't think it's the
responsibility of the event staff to make sure absolutely everyone has what
they like best to eat.  In any case, that would be a logistical nightmare if
not impossible.  I'm not going to spend shire money on PB&J or peanutbutter
crackers.  If the kids won't eat what's served, then pack a PB&J from home
for them, or take them out to the local burger place at lunch time.

Brangwayna