[Sca-cooks] Dayboard aftermath

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 30 17:13:11 PST 2003

On 30 Mar 2003, at 14:47, Dan Phelps wrote:

> ----- Was written:
>
> > I left too many tasks for the last minute.  Cutting up the cubed cheese
> > took longer than I thought, even though I had multiple volunteers and only 30 pounds
> > of cheese.

> The kitchen at the hall of the site we tend to use has one of those big
> rotary blade meat slicers... two passes makes sticks and that's cubed by
> hand.  The job goes rather fast if I remember correctly.

I have a small home version of that kind of slicer.  I brought it along, but
dedicated it to bread.

> Of course the
> machine is real scary.  I insist that people count thier fingers before and
> after any major knife work :-)

When my lord was in high school, he had a job in a local pizza/sandwich
shop.  One day he was slicing some meat for a sandwich, and cut himself.
The blade was so sharp, he didn't notice the cut until he looked down and
thought, "That's funny... ham doesn't bleed..."  Luckily, it was a supercifial
cut, and didn't require stitches.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net