Parsley, Re: [Sca-cooks] RE: Apples and turnips

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu May 1 11:42:36 PDT 2003

Was cleaning out my email a bit and found this.

> I think that this combination could mean "a
> little before" which in modern German would read
> "ein wenig zuvor".  I am guessing that this could
> mean "a little before ripeness".  So that when
> you press parsley a little before ripeness you
> get a sour juice and this is also called "agraz".

I'm confused here. How would you know that the parsley was 'a little
before ripeness'? Could it be just before the seeds are ripe? There is a
change in the flavor/texture of the plant then, but not otherwise...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"American boys should not be seen dying on the nightly news. Wars should be
over in three days or less, or before Congress invokes the War Powers
Resolution. Victory must be assured in advance. And the American public
must be all for it from the outset." -- Evan Thomas