[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks digest

Matthew & Maribeth Mitchell cloister at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 11:58:37 PDT 2003

AMAC

I have read that cream cheese as in the store is not in our time line.

I have found a recipe that makes something very similar.

three cups of whipping cream
2 tablespoons buttermilk

Over low heat 90 to 100 degrees then pour into bowl. Stir in buttermilk.
Cover and keep at room temperature 24 to 48 hours or until a soft curd is
formed. It should look something like soft yogurt.

Line a colander with a clean muslin cloth set in sink pour in curd and let
drain about 10 mins fold cloth over curd set colander on a rack in a rimmed
baking pan for milk curd allow 1 inch between rack and pan bottom make a
whole unit airtight with clear plastic film let curd drain in refrigerator
for 36 to 48  hours

 spoon drained curd from cloth into a blow and stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt
until blended discard whey accumulated beneath colander makes

 2 cups cheese