[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at PO-BOX.McGill.Ca
Mon May 5 19:27:37 PDT 2003

>I have got to find a decent recipe for butterbeer- the ones I've seen
>basically have you pouring melted butter into root beer. *Gag*

The wheels are spinning right now; I'm trying to imagine the result of this
combination, but my mind keeps blocking it out :-)

I will state right now that I am not a brewer, trying out the following
ideas might be dangerous! :-)) Strange though, the only thing I can imagine
for butterbeer would be a kind of "butter-flavoured sparkling quickmead".
Maybe fermented goat milk with a champagne yeast??? :-))

>it is mildly alcoholic (my guess is 3%).

Hmmm... stronger than most American beers :-)))))

Petru

ducking and running :-)