[Sca-cooks] ack! I can't eat rabbit!

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue May 6 11:30:41 PDT 2003

In conversation a couple of weeks ago with my sister the zookeeper, she
told me about an article she'd read recently. Apparently the body has a
defense mechanism to keep you from eating things that would kill you, by
causing a violent dislike of foods that are associated with making you
sick. In her case, it's butterscotch schnapps.

People who scoop ice cream for a living tell me that they can't eat it,
that it takes a while for that aversion to go away. I have this problem
with cake frosting, Olwen has the same problem with marzipan--we've worked
with it too much and we overdosed. I think what you're experiencing is a
variant of the toxicity reaction, and that it will go away but it might
take a while.

Luckily, frozen bunny will keep, although the cat would probably enjoy it.

Margaret