Sherlock Holmes Was: [Re: [Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter]

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 8 02:28:10 PDT 2003

Dumas has the same problem.  Most American editions abridge The Three
Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo.  I have an unabridged edition of
the latter from my grandmother's library, 1100+ pages of very fine print.
Compared to the intracacies of the unabridged version, the abridged versions
read like a plot outline of a high school paper.

Bear