[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu May 8 06:54:25 PDT 2003

>Are there similar differences in the non-English language versions?
>--maire
>
>"Carper, Rachel" wrote:
>>
>> Symantics and the art work.
>>
>> Elewyiss

The French version (although I am not sure if there are two French
versions, one from France and one from Canada, I'd have to check)
translates everything, including names of people, places, spells, etc, etc,
etc... It gets a bit confusing in the movies, for the translated names are
kept, but the visual images themselves (such as signs, for example) are not
altered in the movie.

This said I read the original british version instead :-)

Petru