[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu May 8 12:59:14 PDT 2003

BIG differences.  Friends of ours have collected and read various editions.
The Hebrew is OK, the German is really good.  My friend says that the
French is amazingly bad - long stretches are deleted and they had to
put in paranthetical notes later on to explain what was deleted.  However, the
French
editions had some of the best covers, the only ones picturing the
students in pointy hats.

I collect the US hardcovers and the UK adult covers;  we expect to inherit some
French ones soon and I can comment upon them personally.

ObFood:  really soon I have to dig out my chocolate frog lolly molds and
make some up for the line party.

Selene Colfox [sounds like a Hogwarts name doesn't it?]