[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu May 8 16:49:51 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/8/2003 12:07:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Are there similar differences in the non-English language versions?

Well, we met a Hungarian girl who was also a great HP fan.  We discovered,
from reading her T-shirt, that in Hungarian "Hogwarts Schools" is something
like "Rocksford School".  I thought maybe Hogwarts meant somethng rude in
Hungarian, so I asked a friend who is fluent in it, but she said no, neither
word means anything, so she has no idea why they changed it.
We also determined that Slytherin house is called Draco in Hungarian.  No
idea if they changed Draco Malfoy's name or not.

Brangwayna