[Sca-cooks] Re: [Shire X] calling all geeks- I'm desperate!

Harcourt Alexander Raschid ha.raschid at mail.sinewave.com
Mon May 12 06:39:47 PDT 2003

At 03:56 5/12/2003, Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>Ok, I'm working on a book. Have the files saved on a disk. Today it was
>acting strange, so I started moving things off the disk, just to be safe.
>All but one file moved fine. Except one. Naturally the the most imporant
>one. Some 20 thousand words. The othe rfiles I opened and copied. This one
>file it makes clicking noises and then gives me the box with the gray
>'cancel' and 'retry'. It says it cannot read the disk. Well it reads the
>other files on the disk, so? And sometimes it tells me the file is already
>in use or is read-only. It will not open the file. It will not copy the
>file. It will not export the file.

    Have you consulted with Peter Norton, or some other system management
and recovery software?  What does he have to say?  If he's not around Get
Him . . . . ---<insert name of large office supplies chain store or other
commercial software source> will have copies for sale . . .

    ---Since you're running MSW, and most of his career has been based off
of MSDOS/W, there won't be any OS dialect difficulties . . .

                                         Felix