[SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar was Sugar Plate Again

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 13:31:36 PDT 2003

ED Reese wrote:

> --
> Not a bad plan! :-) Actually, I'm planning/hoping to come back to Caid to
> pick up the rest of my stuff, and 12th Night is about the right plan.
>
> Are you using parsnips in your third course?

Probably.  Some kind of root vegs, have not decided exactly which yet.
Pomegranates will certainly be involved, probably offered to the diners by lovely
young maidens.

<gentle noodge> Not only your Roman cookbooks but my copy of Mrs. Beeton's is in
with your stuff;  I'd like that back sometime in the next year please.

You write:

>Is there anyway you could make, or find, something like the head of a pig,
>or even better, of a wolf? Have that as a sort of "lid" over the warming
>pan with the carefully coiled (and probably re-enforced) string of sausages
>lie -- with the first one coming out of the critter's mouth?

Oh, I dunno, I'm the one who loves to cream my coffee from the "barfing cow"
creamer, and I'm the one who made a mincemeat pie for the royal table in the shape
of a boar's head, in order to deliver the line "The King has the Brains of a Pig!"

>I know, it sounds utterly disgusting, but frankly, so does the original
>version of the "cooked intestines".

And sausage skins are made of what?

Selene