[Sca-cooks] Feast stewart at the crossroads

Darren Gasser kaos at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 17:17:41 PDT 2003

Phlip wrote:
> If I commit to providing a feast for X number of people, for Y
> dollars, on Z theme, and the rules get changed- suddenly I'm expected
> to provide a feast for X times 2 people, for Y divided by 2 dollars,
> on a completely different theme, then my original commitment has been
> voided. Period.
>
> What say you all?

Amen.  Preach on, brother.

While I've only headed up one SCA feast, and am currently starting
preparations for what will be my second and third, I consider it mandatory
that I fully understand and agree to the number of meals being served, the
number of people being fed to the nearest order of magnitude, the budget in
dollars per plate (either for the entire event or per meal), and the theme.

If an autocrat changed any of these parameters after the fact without
consulting me, I'd assume they weren't serious about having me on board.
Volunteering to plan a serious feast involves enough hard enough work
without having to re-plan it from scratch one or more times.

-Lorenz