[Sca-cooks] Bah! Humbug!! - icing work...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri May 23 07:37:43 PDT 2003

What she said. Totally completely dry, then peel carefully. What will
probably work best is if you lay it face down and then peel the paper off
very slowly. You're putting it on marzipan, so it should be just fine on
the cake--if you were putting it on buttercream you'd want to support it
with sugar cubes rather than let it touch the frosting, or it would melt
and bleed. Let the surface of the marzipan dry a bit before putting the
bear on it--royal icing is incredibly hygroscopic, and any moisture that
it can suck out of the marzipan, it will.

Margaret