Feast stewart at the crossroads was Re: [SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 09:23:19 PDT 2003

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Boy things have changed in the Barony of the
> Angels.  Every banquet I did for them, I was the
> one who decided what the budget was and based the
> price of the banquet accordingly.  I would never
> allow anyone to tell me how much I could spend on
> a budget.  Who is the autocrat?

A weekend away from my computer and hanging
with the incipient reevess [Morgaine] has me
much calmer about the whole thing and full of
strategies.  Firstly, we say it's the wedding feast
of Theseus and Hippolyta from the end of
Mid-Summer Night's Dream and go on with the
Greco-Roman thingie as originally conceived.  Ha.
Never try to tell Selene she cannot do something.
As my pappy always taught me:
"Never think.  SCHEME."

> In my humble opinion, if you think that you can't
> work with the autocrat, then it would be better
> to withdraw now and let them find someone else.
> It would only hurt your reputation to do a "crap"
> banquet.  Believe me when I say that you are only
> remembered for your last bad banquet and not the
> 1000 magnificent ones that you did previously.

One awshyte cancels out one hundred attaboys,
I know that law of human interaction.

> If you still want to go ahead with this, I would
> be willing to help you with your budget and help
> you pull this together, as long as you take
> everything I say as a suggestion and not as an
> order.

How about helping with the final subtletie?
I know you want to do the Great Volcano,
what I had in mind was more along the notion of
a cake in the semblance of Mount Olympus.
It's still a mountain, with some special effects desired.
What do you say?

Selene