[Sca-cooks] fish at feast...

Sayyida Halima al-Shafi'i of Raven's Cove lkuney at ec.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 13:23:57 PST 2003

I served salmon at a feast in April (along with oatcakes and fresh
asparagus-I love spring!).  I got salmon for $2.97 a pound at
Harris-Teeter.  I did have to beg for a large enough quantity and get
special dispensation from the store manager.  I used 20-25 pounds of it.
 It was enough for the whole feast (over 100 people) because not
everyone eats fish.  I did serve a cream and herb sauce on the side with
it.  I rubbed it with a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt and
pepper, and covered loosely with foil.  I baked it until nearly done,
and it finished while waiting to be served.  Even fish haters enjoyed it.

Hi, Irmgart <waving madly>

In service,
Sayyida Halima al-Shafi'i
Stronghold of Raven's Cove