[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving wish

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:00:16 PST 2003

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
But I just couldn't sleep I tried counting backwards, I tried counting
sheep.

The leftovers beckoned -

The dark meat and white

But I fought the temptation With all of my might.

Tossing and turning With anticipation

The thought of a snack Became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen,

Flung open the door

And gazed at the fridge,

Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey

And buttered potatoes,

Pickles and carrots,

Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling So plump and so round, '

Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling,

Floating into the sky

With a mouthful of pudding And a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell As I soared past the trees....

Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty,

May your turkey be plump.

May your potatoes 'n gravy

Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious

May your pies take the prize,

May your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs.