[Sca-cooks] Fish at feasts

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Wed Nov 5 15:29:36 PST 2003

I've noticed that the biggest problem (at least in these parts) is that,
too often, the cooks try to serve a delicate hot fish in the first
course.  Now if, as is usual, things run late and feast gets pushed back,
you have fish-flavored shingles.  I got around this by serving a cold
dish 2 years ago when I cooked Twelfth Night.  [Trout in Orange
Marinade--adapted from Marcella Hazan.]

So I advise people to serve fish cold in the first course and save the
hot dishes for later courses when you know you have control over the
serving time.

Morgana