[Sca-cooks] hazelnuts

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Nov 10 07:47:51 PST 2003

Daniel commented:

when ever a nut question comes up I always turn to "The Book
of Edibles Nuts" by Fredric Rosengarten, Jr. 1984 ISBN 0-8027-0769-9.  His
chapter six from page 94 to 115 discusses the Filbert (Hazelnut) in great
detail.  That chapter leads off with a woodcut botanical illustration from
"The Herball or General Historie of Plantes" John Gerarde. London 1636.
<<<

This does sound like a useful book. I wonder how limiting it is because it says "edible nuts". Does he mention acorns for instance?

Thanks,
  Stefan