[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 6, Issue 61

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 25 12:34:52 PST 2003

> >I am hyper sensitive to a fair selection of chemicals found in nature,
> >soapy cilantro,
>
> So I'm not the only one who thinks cilantro tastes that way?  I've
> always wondered why it's so popular now.

There appears to be a sharp divide between those who experience it as
soapy and those who don't. Probably there's a genetic marker for it...
like the divide between people who taste liver as cardboard and those
lucky ones who can enjoy it.

Cilantro is very popular in both modern and period Hispanic cuisine, and
the popularity of Hispanic cuisine in Anglo culture lately probably
accounts for the popularity.

-- Jadwiga, who gave up trying to create a Spanish feast with a Jewish and
a Muslim course that DIDN'T include a lot of cilantro.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_