[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving Cooking in a Corset

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at jeffnet.org
Sat Nov 29 11:40:14 PST 2003

A few years ago, I tried the addition of chestnuts to my dressing, but found
it too sweet for a savoury dish. I'm tempted to try hazelnuts sometime. Mine
is cornbread, garlic, onions, celery, mushrooms, salt, pepper, rosemary, and
a little more sage (I'm fond of it). If being made on the side rather than
in the bird, it's moistened in chicken stock, since I made the bread a few
days early and let it dry out. And that would be good Southern style
buttermilk cornbread except I use yellow meal and don't add sugar.

Actually, I doubt it's Norman. Gol' durn'd Northerners! It's got too much
taste and style. :) Probably from Aquitaine, since their's a certain
"Southern" quality to it.

EdB