[Sca-cooks] Re: Small beer, was period beverages

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Oct 1 07:12:47 PDT 2003

Micaylah detailed her attempts at a small beer substitute and then said:

I have served this before for lunch as well as pomegranate lemonade.
Both have been well received...especially by those of us that cant stand
Sekanjabin! They both also make nice alternatives to water at feast.
<<<<

Is it the sweetness of the Sekanjabin you don't like or the mint? If it is the mint, Sekanjabin is just one of a family of similar drinks. There are others that use a variety of other herbs, roots, bark and stuff other than mint. Master Cariadoc has quoted a number of these on this list and they can be found in the jalabs-msg file in the Florilegium. My biggest problem in trying to make some of these was in figuring out what some of the ingredients were and if I could figure that out, where to get them today.

Perhaps I should re-post some of these here and we can figure out what some of these are and perhaps redact them.

Stefan