[Sca-cooks] Home From Great Western War

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 15 22:10:40 PDT 2003

After many strange travails, my friends and I got to the Great
Western War site around midnight Friday - we had originally intended
to be there Friday morning.

I had the great honor of meeting several notables of this list, among
them Dame Huette von Ahrens who was most kind and generous and also
most entertaining, and Selene Colfox and Jared (the rest of whose
name i have forgotten), who were gracious hosts to this wandering
Westerner. I also met Aeduin and his friendly cooking crew, against
whom we competed in the GWW Iron Chef. And a most friendly
competition it was.

My friends and i got back to San Jose around midnight Monday, after a
stop in Pasadena to visit some of their family. I spent the night at
my friends' house, on Tuesday morning we unloaded the van and the
trailer, i packed my stuff back in my car and i eventually got home.

My time at GWW was too short, but what time i had was was wonderfully
spent making new friends ...and shopping! I got a period Iranian
style plate and beaker from a nice Lochacian potter named Alexander.

I leave at 0-dark-30 tomorrow AM to head to the Known World Costume
Symposium in Denver (i'm driving with a different friend), where i
will have the opportunity to meet other folks with whom i correspond
on costuming.

I must say that my almost 4-1/2 years in the SCA have been most
friendly and rewarding. Youse a great buncha guys.

Anahita