[Sca-cooks] clarification re Breakfast Bread Muffin Pasty

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 09:30:42 PDT 2003

--- Martina C Grasse <grasse at mscd.edu> wrote:

> Im afraid I am NOT willing to trust eggs, or
> meat products or even
> cheeses, nor do I have coolers I could just
> pass out, so anything I
> come up with would have to sit in plastic on a
> plate or in a basket. I
> would have to have them done before Friday and
> they would have to be
> able to sit till Monday without any problems or
> attention.   While I
> also prefer protein for breakfast, I was
> looking for a small
> hospitality munchy, fruit and muffins or their
> cousins came to mind.
> I do work all week and dont have a freezer to
> speak of.
>
> In Service
> Gwen Cat

If you wish to provide breads or bread products
and wish to provide jams and butter to moisten
what might be a tad dry to eat straight, then
perhaps you should go to your local restaurant
supply place and purchase small sealed containers
of jams and butters, like you usually get when
you have breakfast in a restaurant.  While the
butter will be soft, as stated in other posts, it
will still be edible for several days and, since
it is in a sealed package, would be less likely
to become contaminated with random bacteria or
molds.  I am not sure how wide spread Smart and
Final is [we have them all over here in
California], but they always have jam and butter
packettes for sale.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.