[Sca-cooks] Feast Food for Picky Royalty

Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Tue Oct 14 15:50:39 PDT 2003

Catching up...

----- Original Message -----
<snip>

> How can you live mostly on cheese? *shudder*
>
> Margaret

   I have a 20-year-old son who has almost all his life. He'll eat red meat
but prefers cheese. His check-ups have come up all nice and safe in the
"normal" range, so over time I've come to accept that some folks have
enzymes just a little more happy with cheese than with other forms of
protein. I tell him it means he must have Nordic blood in there somewhere.
   As opposed to some of my friends who should be kept away from cheese and
milk products at all cost - for their safety _and_ ours! I've often wondered
what the genetic advantages were that caused some cultural groups to be so
cheese and milk friendly while other ones developed such a severe
allergy-like reaction to it.
   Not that it's on-topic, per say, but it is something I've often puzzled
about as I've watched my little dairy-boy grow. And it sure makes a
difference in what we pack for lunches.

Rosine/Hróðny Rognvaldsdottir
--
"Shall we make a new rule of life from tonight:
always to try to be a little kinder than is necessary?"
- Sir James Matthew Barrie  nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org